1/2 cup Brut Champagne
1 clove of garlic
1/4 pound shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Dash of salt
Splash of Love
Shred the cheese and pre-mix the flour with the cheese in a side bowl.
1) Start by rubbing the inside of your fondue pot with the garlic.
2) Add the champagne and let it simmer.
3) Gradually add the cheese mixture in small handfuls, waiting for each addition to melt into the fondue pot.
4) Once cheese is melted, add salt and maybe another splash of Champagne.
5) Final Step: Pour yourself a glass of champagne and whole-heartedly indulge in this decadent delectable!
I tried a number of items to eat with this, (sourdough or french bread are always good), but my favorite still is grilled mushrooms. I just sliced up a bunch of mushrooms and cooked them on the stove with olive oil and garlic – a beautiful fondue marriage!
Looking for extravagance on the cheap? Replace the Vueve Cliquot with a Spanish Cava, or a good old Sauvignon Blanc.