10 Wine Tasting Trip Basics You Should Know
Planning a wine tasting trip? Don’t miss this quick and easy checklist.
Things to Bring:
1) Water – Stuff the cooler with H20 – you’ll need to stay hydrated!
2) Snacks – Granola bars, bread, cheese and chips are great options for in between tastings
3) Cooler – Avoid getting new bottles of wine heat damaged! Throw in ice packs for temperature control.
What to Wear:
4) Black – Avoid staining your clothes in case of accidental wine spills
5) Light Sweater – Winery tasting rooms and cellars get chilly!
6) No Perfume! – Nobody likes wine with a hint of Calvin Klein or Cool Water cologne
Plan in Advance:
7) Driver – Designate one, especially if at 2+ wineries
8) Full Stomach – You won’t last long if wine tasting on an empty stomach.
9) Brush Early – At least 2 hours before wine tasting – peppermint and wine don’t mix!